RE: [IETF] Allocation of the new RR type for SPF

2004-11-13 20:55:46

**************** REPLY SEPARATER ***************
This is completely off topic, but you pressed a button. Show
me where HTML is a standard in email. It is anything but.
HTML is the single biggest reason for all the virus and
phishing problems we have today. HTML DOES NOT BELONG IN A
MESSAGING SYSTEM.

There has never been an HTML virus, possibly a Java or Javascript virus but
those never had a place in HTML.

I have plenty of plaintext phishing samples. Most 419 scams are plaintext,
its only recently that THEY STOPPED USING ALL CAPS.

The viruses spread through executable MIME attachments. Executables have no
place in the email system. If people must send them then lets work out a way
to transport them safely. Either get a working anti-virus system or strip
them out entirely.

As for HTTP/0.9 we tried to make it obsolete back in 1993. The fact that
people still leap to its defense makes my point, however much you might like
to make something obsolete you will never manage it. Remember early on in
the SPF saga when people were bleating about it not working for UUCP? If
there ever was a technology that has no place today it would be UUCP but
there will always be some bearded wonder wearing flipflops who insists that
its all that he can use on his Altair and that therefore the world should
not deploy SPF.