Re: [IETF] Allocation of the new RR type for SPF

2004-11-14 13:18:48
On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 10:06:48AM -0800, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

People are still using HTTP 0.9 despite the fact it has been obsolete for 12
years.

SPF is not yet an official protocol.  HTTP is an official protocol.
I think you cannot use http to prove you are right about the future
of spf.

I never said that nobody will change, only that enough people will not
change to make it impossible to take advantage of the change.

That's why it is a necessity to actively forbid the use of the then
obsolete TXT feature.

We need a transition period where both the experimental SPF and the
new, approved, official SPF can coexist.  After this period, no more
testing records should be used.

Its sad but that is the way the world works. There are still people who use
email clients that don't understand HTML despite the fact its been standard
for a decade.

Show me where it is stated that I should use a MUA that displays HTML
and maybe I will reconsider my point of view.

Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If