RE: [IETF] Allocation of the new RR type for SPF

2004-11-13 07:45:19
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Hallam-Baker,
Phillip
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 10:08 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] [IETF] Allocation of the new RR
type for SPF

<snip>

I thought that you were a member of the 'deploy now its
time' world.

I am. But I'm also asking to have SPF dns record type issued
ASAP and continue using SPF with TXT for now with dual use
with new RR for next 2-3
years and full move to new RR by 2010.

Phasing in the new RR is possible. Phasing out the old is not going to
happen.

Thanks for speaking for the rest of the world PHB, but you have neither the
authority nor the
responsibility.  I for one WILL replace my TXT records with dedicated RR
records when they become
available and the new RR is implemented in the latest versions of SPF
distributions.

I would neither know, nor care, who actually had deployed implementations using
the new RR record,
if they want to block forgeries from my domains they will keep up with the
technology.

I doubt I am the only person who feels that way.

Which is why your blanket statement is both inaccurate and misleading.

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085