Re: Sendmail white paper

2004-11-20 09:29:28
On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 11:21 -0500, Chuck Mead wrote:
Great... let's just not implement it then. Let's hang on to the
stinking, rotting corpse of the "kinder gentler" internet and leave the
new one in the hands of the spammers, the 419 scammers, the viruses and
the worms.

In recent weeks I have concluded that we're (meaning, essentially those
who understand how email works) never going to allowed to fix this
problem. Why? Because the lusers and the pin head govt officials and the
pointy headed MBA dweebs with just enough clue to "get" what a mailing
list is used for do *NOT* have the WILL (intestinal fortitude) to see
that their precious internet is dead.

Forwarding sucks!

Quite succinctly said Chuck, now you see why i seconded your nomination.
Its this type of ideology thats going to KILL spf and everything we've
worked for to this point.

Optionally, i know this will *never* happen, i would really like to see
us trash the "band-aides" and just simply FIX the problem - fix SMTP so
we dont have to band-aide in order to deliver.

Michael

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.