RE: Sendmail white paper

2004-11-20 09:40:52
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Meng
Weng Wong
Sent: zaterdag 20 november 2004 17:00
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Sendmail white paper

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 10:53:35AM -0500, Chuck Mead wrote:

| They recommend ~all instead of -all.

Another disappointment was this:

At this time Sendmail does not recommend the deployment of SRS or other
mail forwarding modifications by forwarding services due to the risk of
incompatible changes with more reliable cryptographic solutions.

I hope people realize (and they may, in fact, not), that not using SRS on
fowarding means that *your* relay will be continually matched with an SPF
"fail" on the receiving end! Now, the significance of that is hard to
oversee exactly, at this point.

Regardless of whether they be right, though, I do not want some major ISP
going over its logs one day, and say, "Hmm, we seem to be getting a lot of
spoofs from Asarian-host (read: SPF "fail"); let's block this guy." I, for
one,
make sure that *everything* which comes from my relay will SPF "pass". SRS
ensures that.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---