Re: Sendmail white paper

2004-11-20 11:30:02

On Nov 20, 2004, at 1:12 PM, william(at)elan.net wrote:

At this time Sendmail does not recommend the deployment of SRS or other mail forwarding modifications by forwarding services due to the risk of
incompatible changes with more reliable cryptographic solutions.

I have to partially agree with them. The current SRS syntax is not
compatible between implementations (I've found at least 3 different
SRS syntaxes out there in different technical specs or implementations)
and do not make it easy to find original address.

The beautiful part about SRS is that it is completely local. The inner details of my implementation do not need to be known to you for us to interoperate.

George