Re: Sendmail white paper, SRS, and forwarding

2004-11-20 09:52:16

On Nov 20, 2004, at 11:37 AM, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 11:17:54AM -0500, Michael Weiner wrote:

| Agreed, i have already switched to -all sometime ago. Any statistics on
| ~all vs -all, just curious who is publishing with the -all.

As a sender with -all, have you seen any bounces due to
forwarding?

Yes. Any time I send to someone's @perl.org, @php.net, @acm.org or @ieee.org email address. That ends up being about 10 per week (that actually get blocked due to someone out there rejecting on -all). And we end up rejecting a handful a week on -all that are FPs for the same reason.

The majority of the emails that were rejected were sent via php.net due to having two core PHP developers on staff. Luckily, we just had @php.net implement SRS and it drastically reduced the problem.

// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
// OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. -- http://www.omniti.com/