Re: Sendmail white paper, SRS, and forwarding

2004-11-20 09:58:22
well, has anyone else used the sa-test(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)net?? Weird, since
the
update of their Autoresponder, i now get this message back:

sendmail.net Sender Authentication Auto-Responder $Revision: 1.1 $

This service runs at <sa-test(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)net> and allows remote users
to perform a simple, automated test to see if different Sender
Authentication schemes are working.  Mail sent to this service
is checked by our Sender Authentication filters for any valid
credentials or signatures.  A script receives the message, checks
for a special header with the results of the tests, and composes
this response message based on what it finds.

For more information about Sender Authentication, please visit:

http://sendmail.net/

We hope this service has been helpful to you.

Authentication System:       Domain Keys
   Result:                   (no result present)
   Reporting host:
   More information:         http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
   Sendmail milter:          http://www.sendmail.net/dk-milter

Authentication System:       Sender ID
   Result:                   (no result present)
   Reporting host:
   More information:         http://www.microsoft.com/senderid
   Sendmail milter:          http://www.sendmail.net/sid-milter

Authentication System:       Sender Permitted From (SPF)
   Result:                   (no result present)
   Reporting host:
   More information:         http://spf.pobox.com/

Any ideas? Anyone else see similar results? I would have expected only
Sender-ID to fail, as i have this currently disabled, since it was
rejecting some critical emails my wife/business partner needed to
receive.

Michael Weiner

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.