Re: Personal attacks

2004-11-20 13:13:42
Greg Connor wrote:
--Meng Weng Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:

i'm going to recommend Guy for moderation for use of
inflammatory language and personal attacks.

I think we are all better-served by keeping our arguments aimed at the material being discussed and not taking aim at each other. Let's all strive to not use personal attacks.

In Guy's case I took appropriate action. I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that behavior complaints should go to the admin address.

Somehow I must have missed this whole area of discussion and since I received one of these complaints today I think I will add a word or two to this...

Essentially there are two shoes which occasionally drop here that tick me off. I describe these two shoes thusly:

1. Not one person on this list has ever received an attack email from me. It's not something I typically do and my earlier rant was *NOT* directed at anyone who is on the list or not on this list... it was directed precisely at *who* I said it was directed at... the nameless, faceless masses of people who *think* they should be deciding what to do when they are, essentially, suffering from a serious deficit of clue! I include in this group many of those who are struggling under the impression that there is some way to preserve the internet as it was! No one here meets that criteria either... at least none that I know of.

2. I have *VERY* strong opinions about the political/governmental overtones associated with our endeavor and will *NOT* *EVER* be quiet about the fact that the internet is (and will continue to be) "governed" in many aspects by people who wouldn't no a byte if it jumped up and bit them in the hind quarters.

In summary those are two of the major things that get me fired up... if you'd prefer I be without passion then all I can say to you is, "That's nice." But it's not going to happen! So if you think you're wearing one of the two "shoes" I described above those are your thoughts NOT MINE!

--
csm(_at_)moongroup(_dot_)com, head geek
http://moongroup.com