Re: Where is SPF?

2004-12-07 08:23:12
On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 10:16 -0500, John Hinton wrote:
That said, I'm a small hosting provider with about 400 hosting accounts.
I'm sorry, but I simply need a 'report' on the state of affairs. I just
can't keep up with this list.

For a quick summary: SPF isn't ready yet. If you strictly check SPF on
incoming mail or if you publish SPF records ending in '-all', then you
will be throwing away valid mail or asking people to do so.

In your situation, I'd recommend you investigate DomainKeys or Cisco's
Identified Internet Mail (http://identifiedmail.sourceforge.net/)
instead.

--
dwmw2