Re: Where is SPF?

2004-12-07 08:28:29
On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 10:16:52AM -0500,
 John Hinton <webmaster(_at_)ew3d(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 96 lines which said:

the 'word on the street' is SPF is no standard and so we aren't even
looking at it and doubt that it will ever become a standard.

Technically, the statement is true. There is no reference description
of the protocol, even internal to the "SPF community", not to talk
about standard bodies like IETF or ITU or IEEE or anything else.

I'm sorry, but I simply need a 'report' on the state of affairs. I
just can't keep up with this list.

I believe that one of the tasks of the newly formed "SPF council" is
to set up an official SPF web site with this sort of
information. IMHO, spf.pobox.com was good but is no longer
maintained. The SPF council will have to find a way to create the
official Web site and make it maintainable (technically, it is quite
simple, but there are non-technical problems).

Now, before you go off and tell me to read the archives, I would
suggest that we think about all the providers out there who are not
on this list. They are totally blind as to what is going on.

Do not worry, I share your analysis.