RE: Ignoring rejected mail?

2004-12-08 05:33:37
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of David
Woodhouse
Sent: woensdag 8 december 2004 12:43
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Ignoring rejected mail?

One thing that does happen sometimes is that some virus
scanners will remove any .exe (and .scr and similar) attachment files
no matter if they are infected or not and that can happen to email
messages being forwarded.

True. In practice this happens mostly to mail which people didn't
want anyway -- that's the whole point in stripping the dangerous
attachments. I believe the common practice is now to reject the mail
rather than letting it through without the payload anyway, since the
empty virus mails are still just as annoying.

This has got to be your weakest argument, ever. :)

Is the official SES position now, that mail-bodies which have been altered
somehow, is mail you do not want anyway? What a silly way to stick your
head into the sand! Denial is not just a river, you know. Perhaps you
should have a little chat with the MIMEDefang folks; I'm sure they would
have a thing or two to say about your policy. :) People strip/alter inline
content for all sorts of reasons. Replacing it with links instead is a
popular one.

Seriously, David, if this is SES's answer to dealing with altered
messages, then you're still a far cry from being a serious party in all of
this.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---