Re: Ignoring rejected mail?

2004-12-07 17:21:23

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, David Woodhouse wrote:

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 15:42 -0800, william(at)elan.net wrote:
Since .forward file is processed at the delivery, sendmail milters
(including SpamAssasin) are called for prior to that time, so its not
surprising nowdays to see forwarded email with additional headers
added. Same if you forward from procmail script.

_Headers_ yes. But _obviously_ there are headers added; these include
the Received: headers, for a start. It doesn't need to survive mangling
to the _body_, in the general case.

Perhaps I should have been more specific to say that there are non-trace
headers added. Difference is that trace headers are supposed to be added
to top of the email and everything below is thus unchanged where as SA
and other X- headers are typically added below existing list of headers
or somewhere in the middle of the group.

I would agree though that mangling of body is not typical during simple
forwarding/redirection, this happens primarily only with mail lists.

One thing that does happen sometimes is that some virus scanners will remove
any .exe (and .scr and similar) attachment files no matter if they are
infected or not and that can happen to email messages being forwarded.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks