Re: Fw: Clarification on "RFC Editor Note"

2005-05-12 19:14:36
wayne wrote:

Not only didn't the MARID folks follow directions

Care to explain what you're talking about ?  MARID was closed,
nobody's forced to replace the string "Sender-ID" on the say
so of the former WG Chairs in his later submissions.  If it's
that what you meant.

And the first set of I-Ds were all submitted as "experimental":

<https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=12542>

Meng is making the claim that SPF-classic won't become an RFC
if we have anything like the above paragraph

Meng claims many things starting with "CYA" about one year ago.
Ted promised to sponsor / shepherd "experimental", he did this.

Now we go for "proposed standard", a new chapter in this saga.

Meng even said that MS is "cooperating" with us because they
haven't submitted their own SPF draft to be used instead of
draft-schlitt-spf-classic-00.

The part up to and including "because" is dubious, but the rest
is true, although senderid-core-00 cites draft-lentczner.  Bye.