Fw: Clarification on "RFC Editor Note"

2005-05-10 20:35:39
On Wed, 11 May 2005, Mark copied the following eMail exchange to <spf-council(_at_)moongroup(_dot_)com> in
message <200505110046(_dot_)j4B0kE5G099057(_at_)asarian-host(_dot_)net>:

|----- Original Message ----- |From: "Ted Hardie" <hardie(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
> [...]

Hi Mark,
As I believe Wayne was told at the time, the
IESG was considering both draft-schlitt-spf-classic-00.txt
and the sender-id documents as candidates for
Experimental RFC at the same time.  That statement in
the spf-classic draft would have created an RFC 2119
statement that the other Experiment shouldn't be run.
That was contrary to the decision taken at the end of
MARID (that both should be documented as Experimental
and further work await experience with the experiment).
regards,
Ted Hardie