Re: Solicitation for a Webmaster for the official SPF website

2005-06-20 10:36:32

Terry Fielder wrote:

johnp wrote:

Julian Mehnle wrote:

Julian Mehnle wrote:

If you would like to take on the duties of the webmaster for the
official SPF website, please reply to this message publicly and comment
on how well you think you match the above requirements; please don't
write long essays, just quickly introduce yourself with regard to the
above.  You may also nominate others.

On or after Wednesday, 2005-06-15, the council will then formally decide
on who will be appointed to the webmaster position.

Guys'n'gals, what is up with you? For months, you have been complaining about the website being outdated, and now that we're asking for your help, after over a week only _one_ person has offered theirs?

It is not that one person would not be sufficient for now, but I'm really astonished by the sudden lack of enthusiasm...

I refrained from volunteering because of my lack of skills in things like Mason, CVS etc,etc, but I volunteer to do some basic stuff, if the "chief" webmaster tells me what to do ;-)

Honest, my response a few moments ago were not induced by this, I am catching up on the list and only just now saw this.

Well - I tend to agree with you Terry - I have no idea what Mason is, and I have no intention of finding out - I have better things to do with my day. Why the website can't be a simple php-driven html thing I have no idea. But I am volunteering to just "do stuff" under instructions from the chief webmaster.

As a matter of interest - I am not sure if the community wanted or voted for Mason et al........

Slainte
JohnP