Re: Solicitation for a Webmaster for the official SPF website

2005-06-10 14:11:28
Julian Mehnle wrote:

Alan Maitland wrote:
Ideally, it might be nice if one of our EDU list members could take on
stewardship for the webmaster role so that a ready supply of budding
webmasters (students) could handle this duty over time.

There are security concerns over the SPF website, with regard to both content and server configuration, so the webmasters need to be trusted. Introducing a level of indirection in the webmaster positions may pose a problem. What do others think?

Sorry if I'm rehashing an old discussion... but has any thought been given to using a CMS and perhaps delegating maintenance of different parts of the site to different people? The CMS would offer some measure of protection, too, since most good ones offer versioning and the ability to easily roll back content should "problems" occur.

Bill