Re: Solicitation for a Webmaster for the official SPF website

2005-06-20 10:53:46

wayne wrote:
In <42B6FEA0(_dot_)5070802(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com> johnp
<johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com> writes:

Well - I tend to agree with you Terry - I have no idea what Mason is,
and I have no intention of finding out - I have better things to do
with my day. Why the website can't be a simple php-driven html thing I
have no idea. But I am volunteering to just "do stuff" under
instructions from the chief webmaster.

I don't know PHP, although I have looked at it some.  I do know a
little perl.  Therefore I am almost certain that Mason was easier for
me to learn than the "simple php-driven" thing you are talking about.

Of course, some people have suggested dreamweaver, and I'm sure other
people would find it easiest if we used frontpage.  I'm sure there are
quite a few that just want plain HTML, with no perl, PHP, VBS or
anything else.

And we can also get into arguments about what kind of versioning
system to use, or whether we should use none at all.

Do you really think that letting everyone do whatever they want with
the website would be productive?  If not, you are going to get people
complaining that it isn't "simple" and we are being "bureaucratic" for
"dictating stuff".

As a matter of interest - I am not sure if the community wanted or
voted for Mason et al........

The community didn't vote, that is what the current website runs.
Therefore, that is what we need to work with immediately.

OK my bad - I didn;t realise that the current website was using it. I'll install mason if it's fairly easy...

Slainte
JohnP