Re: Explain please

2005-07-07 06:20:01

David Woodhouse wrote:
On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 08:22 -0400, Terry Fielder wrote:

Please reread and note the differences between RFC2821 and RFC2822

I'm perfectly aware of the differences, thank you. What makes you think
otherwise?

David Woodhouse said:
"...and I cried that the mailing list's use of my name was 'forgery'?"

And Terry Fielder said:
"Um, most mailing lists *do* change the "From" when they broadcast the posts. Moderated lists nearly have to, and most unmoderated lists do anyway. And the forwarding forgery issue is just *one* of the reasons
why."

(I probably should have said "2821 From" since you then confused the 2821/2822 by...)

David Woodhouse replied:
"I don't ever recall finding a mailing list which does that. None of the
dozens of mailing lists to which I am currently subscribed do that. "

Which is patently false (case and point listbox lists like this one):
Either you misunderstand the difference between 2821 and 2822 or you were spreading FUD

--
Terry Fielder
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com