Re: Explain please

2005-07-07 06:48:11
On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 09:20 -0400, Terry Fielder wrote:
David Woodhouse said:

"What if I were suddenly to claim that my name may not be used in the
From: header of mail coming from anywhere but my own servers...
"...and I cried that the mailing list's use of my name was 'forgery'?"

And Terry Fielder said:
"Um, most mailing lists *do* change the "From" when they broadcast the
posts.  Moderated lists nearly have to, and most unmoderated lists do
anyway.  And the forwarding forgery issue is just *one* of the reasons
why."

(I probably should have said "2821 From" since you then confused the
2821/2822 by...)

I've corrected the part where you misquoted me. Yes, you _should_ have
said "2821 From", because then it would have been obvious that you were
confused, and your reply bore no relation to the text to which you were
replying.

--
dwmw2