Re: Explain please

2005-07-08 08:14:48
On 7/8/05, johnp <johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com> wrote:

That is like saying that we should allow people to drive without seatbelts
because they
have been doing so for many years. But the reality is that e-mail has shown
itself to have
several flaws, which now need to be resolved. Forwarding is one of them.

Actually John, that is exactly what the law says so I guess your
analogy isn't the best one. I drive a 1962 Fairlane and it does not
have seat belts. There are no laws in the U.S.A. (any of the states I
have driven in) that require me to retrofit seat belts nor am I
required to wear them. I have regular plates and registration.

There are in fact two legal issues (Requirements) involved:

1) Is the vehicle in question required by law to have seat belts
(based on date of manufacture);
2) If the answer to 1 is yes then is the person legally required to
wear a seat belt?

The seat belt analogy would best be used as an argument in favor of
gradual conversion of email systems and practice through obsolescence.

Mike