Re: Explain please

2005-07-08 08:36:07
On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 10:24 -0500, Bruce Barnes wrote:
Incidently, here's the complete header of the most recent message I
received from you:
 <...>
From: David Woodhouse <dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org>
Sender: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com

Is that not as I described it?

While the fact that my (and millions of other clients) is
"concocting" the FROM line, it contains valuable information regarding
the SENDER and FORWARDER of the message.

If you read RFC2822 you'll find that it's actually the author, and the
sender. The list is leaving my in the From: header, claiming that I am
the author, even though there are parts of the email which I did not
write.

I'm not quite sure any more what part it is that you don't understand or
why you keep repeating yourself.

--
dwmw2