RE: (SPF-Pass) Re: Explain please

2005-07-08 07:09:14
On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 08:53 -0500, Bruce Barnes wrote:
Have you ever looked at the actual header of the messages on this
list, David?

The return address clearly states:
"owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com;
on behalf of; David Woodhouse [dwmw2(_at_)domain(_dot_)tld]"

Your own mailer concocts that line from the combinations of the From:
and Sender: headers of the mail.

Both the LIST address and YOUR address are CLEARLY stated in this
mailing list.

The From: header bears my name, stating that I am the author of the
mail. Yet the mail contains text which I did not write, and in fact it
links to a web site which I believe contains misinformation.

Would I not be justified in claiming that such is 'forgery'? Or would it
be silly, because that's just how the world works, and I've have to have
a _very_ good reason to change it?

--
dwmw2