Re: Explain please

2005-07-08 07:45:48
On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 16:20 +0200, johnp wrote:
That is like saying that we should allow people to drive without seatbelts
because they
have been doing so for many years. But the reality is that e-mail has shown
itself to have
several flaws, which now need to be resolved. Forwarding is one of them.

Ooh look; an analogy. Should I play Terry's favourite trick of pointing
out that seatbelts != RFC2821, so therefore you must be confused?
No, perhaps I shouldn't :)

There were good reasons for using seatbelts. They are very effective and
also usable as a unilateral solution.

A more effective solution might have been to put rails down instead of
all the roads, and force people to modify their cars to run on these
rails. But to require that kind of change throughout the system would
have been insane, wouldn't it? To make that kind of sweeping change,
your plan has to be _very_ much more useful than the plans which are so
much easier to implement.

I await the replacement for RFC2822, and the ubiquitous deployment
of SRS, with eager anticipation. Good luck with that windmill :)

SRS is not up for discussion here - only SPF.  There's a clue in the
mail-list name.

But SPF doesn't work without SRS.

--
dwmw2