Re: [spf-discuss] Website edit access

2006-01-12 18:31:01

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, wayne wrote:

...I seriously doubt we should grant global edit access on the website to
any spf-discuss subscriber.  There needs to be _some_ quality assurance.
Everyone is very welcome to submit material for review and inclusion by
the webmasters team, though!

I strongly disagree.  I think wikis have shown that the vast majority
of people are very reasonable and do a good job of editing stuff, if
they can.  I think there are enough people around who will monitor the
SPF wiki that vandalism won't be a big problem.  I think the lack of
progress on the new website is *FAR* more of a problem than any
"quality assurance" problems we might have.

I agree. We should learn from wikipedia - despite some occasional
vandalism issues, it is very successfull because its open.

I would however say that it may make more sense to have a system
that its those that are subscribed to spf-webmasters that can edit
website (rather then all those at spf-discuss).

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks