Re: [spf-discuss] Immediate reject of invalid RCPT

2006-02-28 19:55:03
On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Julian Mehnle wrote:

Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
So I need to organize all these MTA quirks in a general table, by both
MFROM domain and HELO domain (and perhaps IP).  This information would
be useful for other mail filter projects, so some way to make it
generally useful is a plus.  Is such a table already available?

Without commenting on the other issues, this seems just plain wrong to me.
We (there is no "we") shouldn't keep BCP documents for how to best work
around standards incompatibilities in various software, or things will go
the "browser wars" way.  That way lies madness.  If some software behaves
odd, we should file bug reports or stop cooperating with it.

So, how do I explain to my clients that they can't send email to
Verizon because Verizon is "braindead"?  And why should every
developer have to kludge together a workaround independently?
And wouldn't being on an official list of "braindead" ISPs put
some public relations pressure (the only kind they understand)
on Verizon to actually fix it?