Re: [spf-discuss] Immediate reject of invalid RCPT

2006-02-28 21:11:32
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:53:29 -0500 (EST), "Stuart D. Gathman"
<stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com> wrote:

So, how do I explain to my clients that they can't send email to
Verizon because Verizon is "braindead"?  And why should every
developer have to kludge together a workaround independently?

It would help others.  Critics notwithstanding.

And wouldn't being on an official list of "braindead" ISPs put
some public relations pressure (the only kind they understand)
on Verizon to actually fix it?

To be successful, the SPF movement needs more and better publicity.

Newcomers find an old, out of date web site, vs. a new, half done web
site, they find different conflicting implementations with developers
sniping at each other, they see Microsoft was invited to the party for
a while, but now they're out, blah blah blah, blah blah.

It's a big mess which turns people away.

Any idea which gets more and better publicity for the SPF movement is
a good idea.