Re: [spf-discuss] Users mistaking the SPF project for well-known (to them) ISPs (Fwd: Huh?)

2006-06-09 04:18:49

I think it might be a good idea to make a distinction between ISP's and
mail service providers. Obviously, in this case they are different
entities. And that in general it is not a good idea to use a username
from
domain/ISP 'A' and send it through the mail submission servers from
domain/ISP 'B'.
Sure.  But do you want to provide this information on the contact form
before people start typing their message?

No, I think it might be a good idea to explicitly list this on the
'why.html' page. I wouldn't be surprized if this is the #1 reason why
people are directed to this site. Virusses and spammers will never visit
it.

And while we're at it, I would also make the page less technical. Adding
instructions for mail system administrators on how to add an IP address to
an SPF record won't be useful to the vast majarity of ordinary users.

Regards, Arjen