Re: [spf-discuss] Re: spamcop and DSN

2006-08-30 20:40:45
On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 04:13:16AM +0200, Frank Ellermann wrote:

I send 1 DSN per braindead mailbox per month.  The rate is
very low.  Just publishing an SPF record, even a default
neutral one, prevents the DSN

I'd agree, Alex disagrees, and obviously Spamcop disagrees.

For a real victim (no spamtrap) your rate is beside the point:

So far we seem to agree; I already wrote that.

[snip]

Precisely the same end result as when you send the DSN, but
without risk to run into spam traps.

And again we seem to agree.

I say don't send DSN unless you know, for sure, that the actual
sender is indeed the one mentioned in the return path.  This can
be done with SPF.  ISTR you did agree on this as well.

[checking...]