Re: [spf-discuss] Re: spamcop and DSN

2006-08-31 19:43:37
In <44F747640200005F00010A67(_at_)gwvsmta2(_dot_)weber(_dot_)edu> "Jason LEWIS"
<jasonlewis(_at_)weber(_dot_)edu> writes:

Uh, notice that I say "exclusively for spamtraps".  Yes, for domains
that are used for other things, you can't publish "v=spf1 -all".

Wayne, I think you don't understand the idea of spamtraps.

Uh, I disagree.

My understanding is that spamcop, and several other of the important
anti-spam users, have quite a few large domains that receive tens of
thousands of spams per day.  The domains once were active, but were
shut down for long periods of time (years).  They have lots of email
that used to be valid.

Hmmm...  I just checked some of the spamtraps that spamcop is feeding
harvesters, and they *do* have SPF records.  They also appear to be on
seperate domains that like to be used exclusively for spamtraps.

Anywho, a spam trap is usually hosted on someone else's domain and they
forward the "spam" to spamcop.

Yes, as I mentioned in my earlier posts, they do that also.

-wayne