Re: [spf-discuss] Re: spamcop and DSN

2006-08-31 19:34:30
Wayne, I think you don't understand the idea of spamtraps.  You can find
a rough idea here:

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/402.html

Anywho, a spam trap is usually hosted on someone else's domain and they
forward the "spam" to spamcop.  This means that there are "live" users
using the same domain addresses as the spam traps.  That also means that
one cannot use the "v-spf1 -all" trick as valid users will not be able
to send email.

Jason

wayne <wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net> 08/31/2006 2:14 PM >>>
In <200608301717(_dot_)47133(_dot_)julian(_at_)mehnle(_dot_)net> Julian Mehnle
<julian(_at_)mehnle(_dot_)net> writes:

wayne wrote:
that they would be willing to publish "v=spf1 -all" records on the
domains that are used exclusively for spamtraps.

I doubt that's possible.  AFAIK, spam traps are being set up in
domains
that are actually used for sending mail otherwise.  That wouldn't be

possible anymore with "v=spf1 -all".

Uh, notice that I say "exclusively for spamtraps".  Yes, for domains
that are used for other things, you can't publish "v=spf1 -all".

-wayne