Re: [spf-discuss] Re: [Fwd: Re: DNSOP Agenda for San Diego (IETF 67)]

2006-10-31 08:59:16
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Frank Ellermann wrote:

A limit of two "mx" per record would result in at most seven "mx"
with three include or redirect.  Not very convincing, 70 queries
isn't much better than 100.  We could use a total limit of queries:

I had a limit of 50 DNS queries total in pyspf, before the 10/10/10
rule went down.  The most queries I've ever encountered for a real SPF
record was 76.

IMO, a simple limit for total queries was much simpler and easier
to implement than what we have.

Limiting SPF traffic to UDP queries also caps the total bytes.