Re: [spf-discuss] Re: libspf2 sample programs

2007-01-04 19:59:28
On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Don Lee wrote:

Any HELO that can't resolve a fwd DNS should be considered to fail.

Agree totally, but ...

I use "no-dot" on my mail server and it's the best anti-spam filter
I have.  Almost never a false positive.

Unfortunately, too many of my clients customers can't configure a mail
server (or hire someone to do so) to save their life.  They are
angry and hostile if I try to explain that "JUPITER" is not actually
a syntactically valid HELO.  If only more more big ISPs would start
rejecting on invalid HELO instead of missing rDNS.  It is because
big ISPs accept invalid HELO that such people expect it to work.