Re: [spf-discuss] Re: libspf2 sample programs

2007-01-05 09:23:26
On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 10:59:40AM -0500, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

But if the user sends its mail via their own ISP, you don't get to
see "JUPITER" except in the received headers.

We can expect $bigISP to use a sane HELO parameter...

So why do they accept insane HELO parameters?

from their own customers you mean?  Because that's where the money
is coming from.

ISPs aren't stupid.  They know microsoft products are hard to configure
for Joe Average User (or even the more experienced computer person).

What they receive is their problem, but when they talk to some other
ISP, they can (and I believe will) use a sane HELO string.