Re: [spf-discuss] Re: libspf2 sample programs

2007-01-04 19:46:58
I saw the RFC and the result definitions, however my testing seems to get
'unknown' for names that do not resolve.  Names with no SPF records get
'none'.  For example:

bash-2.03# perl -MMail::SPF::Query -le 'print for Mail::SPF::Query->new(
helo=>shift, ipv4=>shift, sender=>shift )->result' foobar 198.147.246.95
foobar
unknown
Please see
http://www.openspf.org/why.html?sender=foobar&ip=198.147.246.95&receiver=magorian:

domain of sender foobar does not exist
magorian: error in processing during lookup of foobar

HASH(0x5f0564)
bash-2.03# perl -MMail::SPF::Query -le 'print for Mail::SPF::Query->new(
helo=>shift, ipv4=>shift, sender=>shift )->result' foobar 198.147.246.95
yahoo.com
none
SPF: domain of sender yahoo.com does not designate mailers
magorian: domain of yahoo.com does not designate permitted sender hosts

HASH(0x5f0594)

I will be out of town for a few days, so we can take up this lively (and
very useful, at least for me) discussion then.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Dan Mitton

Please respond to spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com