Re: [spf-discuss] Re: "Packaging" SPF

2007-01-10 11:42:19
On Wednesday 10 January 2007 13:09, Julian Mehnle wrote:
Scott Kitterman wrote:

Working on splitting the postfix-policyd-spf-perl out from the
Mail:SPF:Query package.  Once it's split out then I'll work with
whichever Perl literate programmer I can get to do it and update it for
Mail:SPF.

I think we should not make substantial changes to Mail::SPF::Query <2.000
anymore.  I'm going to work on Mail::SPF::BlackMagic (a Mail::SPF
descendent providing all the black magic of Mail::SPF::Query such as local
policy, best-guessing, trusted-forwarder.org accreditation checking, etc.)
over the next few weeks.  As soon as that one is finished, I'm going to
rewrite Mail::SPF::Query to be a wrapper around Mail::SPF::BlackMagic and
release it as version 2.000.

In those terms, a new M:S:Q upstream release is already being worked on (I
have local modifications in my working copy of the Subversion repo, and
postfix-policyd-spf-perl has already been removed from it).

Until then, can we live with postfix-policyd-spf-perl being distributed in
the M:S:Q package?

Yes, since (as we discussed on IRC) it's not actually installed except as an
example.

What's the time limit for new packages to be accepted for the April(?)
Ubuntu release?

As I understand it, Feb 8 is the deadline.  Of course I have to have the
package uploaded before that.  Updates only take a day or two to get in, but
new packages are more painful.

So, what distributions do you use and what can you do (we can help) get
them up to speed.

I am a member of the Debian Perl Group (though not formally a Debian member
at this time), so I can get the various Perl modules into Debian.

Besides that, I am slowly working on getting accepted as a member of the
Debian project.  When that happens, I plan on adopting the currently
orphaned libspf2 packages and potentially getting other SPF-related stuff
into Debian.  That isn't going to happen before June or so, I guess, due
to Debian's bureaucratic procedures.

Cool.

Who's our Red Hat volunteer?

Scott K