RE: [spf-discuss] Re: Another test case for the test suite...

2007-01-12 07:56:42
Frank Ellermann wrote:

Devin Ganger wrote:

try to force Microsoft to upgrade their product to support a record
type that is only used by a competing standard.

The type99 (SPF RR) business affects v=spf1, spf2.0/pra, etc. alike,
SenderID inherited these parts in RFC 4408.  It also inherited the
overall syntax and processing limits.

My bad. That is indeed so. This will teach me to post early in the morning
without refreshing my memory on what the standards say. Alex, please disregard
my previous response.

I'd be "surprised" (putting it mildly) if they still don't support
type99 in their newest OS.

I wish I could say that. I would be pleasantly surprised if type99 support made
it into Longhorn server, and ecstatic if it had made it into Windows Server
2003 SP2.

--
Devin L. Ganger, Exchange MVP      Email: deving(_at_)3sharp(_dot_)com
3Sharp LLC                         Phone: 425.882.1032