xsl-list

Re: [xsl] xsl 2.0?

2013-11-05 08:06:20
On 02/11/13 07:23, Toshihiko Makita wrote:
[...]
3. I beleive that XSL-FO is most suitable techinology for formatting XML
documents. Does CSS techinology become the complete alternative of the
XSL-FO?

Bear in mind that you can also produce PDF by using XSLT[2] to generate LaTeX. I know this is heresy to many people here, but it provides a useful path to PDF that is unencumbered, and allows re-use of the significant body of knowledge of documents and their formatting requirements that is a part of the LaTeX ecosystem.

///Peter