Re: [fetchmail]List Moderation... (is there another solution)

2002-01-13 12:03:09
Eric S. Raymond wrote:
If we make this a closed list, newbies won't be able to ask questions.

Agreed.

If I unmoderate it, people will get

I'm guessing the missing word at the end is "spam."

I don't see a better solution.  I'm open to suggestions.

Two ideas:
1) Distribute the moderation among more people.  Those people will
   have to be prepared to get all the spam though.
2) Remove the moderation, but require messages from unknown people to
   include the word "fetchmail" (or "fechmail" or "fethmail" :-)
   somewhere in the subject or body.

--
==============================|"...his hands were doing what they liked to
 Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net> | do best -- replacing men like