Re: MAJOR BUG IN MIME

1992-07-02 15:24:27
Marshall - my claim is that the spec is broken.

Both of the rules in question are not easily noticed and exist for no apparent
good reason.  The status quo is that correct implementations are being
penalized now unless they are liberal above and beyond the rules in what they
accept.

In particular, if you are seeing this text then your MIME reader is being
liberal and conforming to my proposed modifications, and not to strict MIME,
because I haven't fixed the bug here yet.