Re: privacy is a feature (Re: [Asrg] desirable characteristics of source tracking)

2003-03-06 02:11:16
On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 12:24:17AM +0000, Adam Back wrote:

I think figuring out who you want to listen to is the receivers
problem, so in short practically you can't.

I see.

Did I get this correctly? The senders is protected by the
constitution, and is free to send whatever rubbish he wants to send,
with any name he wants to use, maybe anonymously, maybe with any
forged name, to any victim he wants to molest on the victim's expense?

And it's just the victims own business how to deal with it?

Is it possibly that your point of view and your constitution suffer
from a little asymmetry?

After all, if I follow you, the consequence it to protect spam, not
to fight against it...

Hadmut