Re: privacy is a feature (Re: [Asrg] desirable characteristics of source tracking)

2003-03-05 14:33:18
Identity is largely pseudo-private on the internet today.  Screen
names are frequently nick-names, fun names, or nom-de-plumes which
look like real names but are not the senders real name, plus the odd
cryptographically protected anonymous and psuedonymous users.

I'd sooner keep identity out of email receipt as far as anti-spam is
concerned as it erodes these current freedoms to be anonymous and
pseudonymous to varying degrees.

me too.  which is why I don't want an identity that is tracable to the
actual sender to the message; instead, I want an identity that can only
be associated with whether the sender has a history of sending abusive
mail.