Re: privacy is a feature (Re: [Asrg] desirable characteristics of source tracking)

2003-03-05 15:16:18
On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 04:45:20PM -0500, Keith Moore wrote:

strongly disagree.  nobody has the right to prevent me from speaking,
by email or any other means, anonymously or not.

I didn't ever try to prevent you from speaking.

But does your right to speak allow you to break into someone
else's house without invitation and force him to listen?

Anonymous mail is a violation of the freedom of the recipient.

recipients are free to refuse the mail using whatever criteria they
wish, including whether the mail is anonymous.

That's ok. I'd like to refuse anonymous mail for my domain.

Hadmut