Re: privacy is a feature (Re: [Asrg] desirable characteristics of source tracking)

2003-03-05 15:31:13
me too.  which is why I don't want an identity that is tracable to
the actual sender to the message; instead, I want an identity that
can only be associated with whether the sender has a history of
sending abusive mail.

I understand that this is the american way to see things.

I don't know if it's typically american or not.

But not all people on the world share this view.

And, btw, it doesn't work if the sender is free to use a new
"identity" every day.

no, but senders that do that will always have "new" identities, and
recipients will (if they choose) be reluctant to accept mail from them.

Keith