Re: privacy is a feature (Re: [Asrg] desirable characteristics of source tracking)

2003-03-05 14:34:18
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Hadmut Danisch wrote:

Sending anonymous mail is not a right or freedom of the sender.
That view is as common as wrong. Anonymous mail is a violation
of the freedom of the recipient.

How so?  Do you mean if I'm walking around a city, and I want to ask
for directions, I'm not allowed to say:

        "Excuse me, how do I get to..."

I have to say

        "My name is David Skoll, I can be reached at (613) 555-1212
         by phone, and by the way, how do I get to..."

Why do I have to pay time and money to allow others to
stay anonymous?

You don't.  No-one's forcing you to use e-mail.

--
David.