Re: privacy is a feature (Re: [Asrg] desirable characteristics of source tracking)

2003-03-05 15:57:29
On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 05:28:43PM -0500, David F. Skoll wrote:

No, because I have to live in my home, and the law recognizes a
person's home as a special private area.  But I don't have to use
e-mail.

That's ridiculous.

But I still think
anonymous (or at least non-authenticated) person-to-person e-mail has
its place.

Sure, of course it has. If both persons agree to communicate
anonymously (and open their relays for anonymous communication)
that's pretty fine. No objections. I do support it to 100%.

I have the choice only between paying and not using e-mail
at all? Do you call that freedom?

Do you get free phone service?  It's the cost of doing business;
sorry.

Would you accept advertising phone calls if you had to pay the
phone calls? I wouldn't.

Hadmut