[Asrg] RE: Proxy your address (Was: Random thought)

2003-03-13 09:37:53
-----Original Message-----
From: Damien Morton [mailto:dm-temp-310102(_at_)nyc(_dot_)rr(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 11:01 AM
To: 'Jason Hihn'; 'Kee Hinckley'; 'ASRG'
Subject: RE: Proxy your address (Was: Random thought)

Try explaining your system my 70-year old uncle who still keeps all of
his documents on his mac os desktop because folders are too complicated.
He'll just give up. Its too complicated for 99% of users of email.

Too complicated to say that you get to approve of who gets to talk to you,
and you have to ask someone to approve to talk to them?

And it only has to be done once per person.

I'd like to be able to have this control. Maybe something to put on a wish
list.

Sender-pays, on the other hand, could be completely invisible to the
user, if implemented as a trading arrangement between ISPs. Think of it
like carbon-rights trading, but for email.

I think Sender-pays would go a long way, but like everything suggested to
date, not 100%.