Re: [Asrg] Some data on the validity of MAIL FROM addresses

2003-05-19 07:56:07
From: Kee Hinckley <nazgul(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com>

So.  Is it spam to send people email asking them to stop abusing your
email server?  Not by any stretch I can imagine.

Nor in mine, provided you only ask one or two people instead of using
a so called "bitch list" of dozens to literally hundreds of addresses
of people at the other outfit who have nothing to do with it.

                                                  But in today's
hair-trigger environment--it gets treated like it.

Especially when the message is unexpected and comes from somewhere.com.

I wonder if you would have had the same results if you'd sent the
complaints from some other domain name.