Re: [Asrg] 1. Inventory of Problems - Input Needed

2003-11-07 05:48:25

http://studenti.lboro.ac.uk/~coada/project/usecases.pdf

We need to think how that can be intergrated with the inventory of
problems work.

It can certainly be used. I don't think it's quite specific enough for
the final version - as we need to cover protocol specific issues.

In other words, the use cases there will need to be split into each
method that a user currently has available for delivering a message
appropriate to that use case.

I think I understand what you mean, but could you perhaps give a more
specific example?

The problem I've found in writing those scenarios was that there is a huge
number of configuration permutations. Hence they're currently rather
general. Any suggestions for how to manage the complexity in generating a
large number of similar (but subtly different) scenarios would be appreciated.

I had considered rewriting the document in the form of a table whose columns
represent different aspects of the scenario and whose rows correspond to
each scenario, e.g.:

Sender address | Recipient address | Forwarding? | Mailing list?
alice(_at_)a(_dot_)com    | bob(_at_)b(_dot_)com         | No          | No
alice(_at_)a(_dot_)com    | bob(_at_)b(_dot_)com         | Yes, by Bob | No

Given suitable explanations of what each column means this might make it
more manageable. Any thoughts?

At the moment the document isn't very good, but given some more work and
ideas I'm sure it can be improved.

Thanks

Andrew