Re: [Asrg] Its all over for Challenge Response

2004-02-03 20:31:19
"Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:

All I think is necessary here is for the ISP to

      * Tell the end user what they are doing
      * Give the user an opportunity to opt out or select different
settings

That can always be done by selecting a different ISP.  Therefore, any
problem is self-limiting.

What I want to avoid here is a situation where a Rupert Murdoch could
decide to only allow political groups that agree with Fox News to
send mail to customers.

Would you also want to limit the ability of a church that provides
email accounts for its members to limit the ability of opposing
religions to send mail to its members?

Would you also want to limit the ability of a company to limit the
ability of headhunters to solicit its employees?

Seth